Friday, March 21, 2008

Monkey See, Monkey Read

So Tripp has been showing some big time "pre-reading" skills the last month. This isn't all the surprising as we were told by our first speeh therapist (Ginger) last May that he could be reading fluently in the next 6-12 months. My thought was "yea right." I guess the joke is on me.

This past week he read the word "bed" and the word "free" off his "word schedule" chalk board without any prompting from me. So today I pulled out our box of site word flashcards just to see what he could do. Below is a list of words and phrases he read to me with the simple prompt " What's this say?"

on
or
no
I
if
and
a
the
that
then
see
over
of
now
more
my
what
up
to
two
is
it
in
can
call
from
get
did
do
for
are
at
go
good (he was trying to soud this one out "go-oh-d")
had
has
he
again
his
stop
think
know (sounded out as k-new)
it is
can run
can play
he is
would like

Um, he's only 3 1/2. I may have trouble keeping up.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm so excited for him. I can't wait till I have him again so that we can read together. Love you.